Friday, May 8, 2015

Hiccup is Growing Up at Lightening Speed







My how Hiccup has changed in a week.  It is hard to believe he is 6 weeks old now.  Last Sunday I put him on the floor in the bedroom where his cage is so he could get some exercise walking down the hallway.  My routine in the morning is to get Hiccup out of his cage, go to the kitchen turn on the coffee maker, fill Daffodil's plate so she can have breakfast while I warm up Hiccup's bottle.  I warmed the bottle up and turned around and there was Hiccup eating with Daffodil, just like that!  By Thursday he had become good at eating canned food and no longer wants a bottle when offered to him.  So he is now officially off the bottle (no more bottles to wash, formula to make or rushing home to feed during my 30 minute lunch or supper break).  He is comfortable walking/running through the house now.  He has been constipated with pasty thick stools so has had to have 2 or 3 bum washes in a day as it stuck to his tail.  I started him on a few drops of mineral oil yesterday for 2 doses and increased it to 0.3 ml as nothing much was changing.  Today he had two little logs and is more comfortable.  One more day of mineral oil and I will stop and see how he makes out.
     These are the first pictures with my new camera.  I was tired of taking pictures (just took 56 of Hiccup) and having to crop each picture because of the little moon shadow in the bottom corner.  Nikon said this was normal (really?).  It takes a lot of time to just get the pictures let alone having to edit them.  My new camera made me smile as I could remove the blurry or not good pictures and not have to then edit all of the remaining pictures.  Already a gift of time to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment