Saturday, April 12, 2014

The Good and The Bad

 

 

 

 




 



 

 



 


 

 

 

 



 


 


 
 
I will start with the bad so I can end on a good note.  Kensington started getting weaker and declined last weekend.  I tried everything I knew but lost her on April 7th.  My heart was broken as she was an adorable little girl.  She purred for me right to the end.  I lost Hunter on Thursday.  He, too, started failing.  I think he was premature as he was the tiniest baby I ever got.  I thought he was just a runt and each day that went by gave us one more chance for him to survive.  He gained weight so very slowly but he was going in the right direction.  But seeing how the K babies grew and matured only showed how Hunter was not developing as he should.  He never lost the newborn baby look either.  At least his eyes had just opened enough in the corners (very late for his eyes to open a crack which also showed that he wasn't an average baby) that we could look each other in the eyes before he died.  He purred right until the end.
     Now, for the good.  Kyler and Keaton are growing at an enormous rate!  They are 2 weeks old today and have they ever changed.  Kyler has gone from 104g to 270g and Keaton from 82g to 214g.  Their eyes opened a couple of days ago so now they look like real kittens.  They are very plump and eating a lot.  They are learning to walk on their legs and are moving around the cage a lot.  They can hear me now so there is no sneaking into their room.  I call their names as I am going down the hallway into their room with their bottle.  They wake up and start meowing as they wait for me to feed them.  I still get up at 2 to feed them so they can continue to grow and eat well.  They purr so much and it makes me smile.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Donna, I'm so sorry for the loss for the two kittens. I'm so glad you were there for them and loved them to the very end! They left knowing love which is so wonderful. Thanks for giving it your all with Hunter, we are so thankful for you.

    ReplyDelete