Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Life as it Has Been Happening










The big babies who have moved down the pecking order in my house are super big.  Two are over 800g and two are about 750g.  They go to the vet next Wed and if all check out they will be up for adoption on Thursday.  Hard to believe these little beings who were only a week old are ready to go to their forever homes.  Tricket is still a love bug.  She lives to be on my lap.  If I happen to be petting Austin (who also lives to be on my lap) and Tricket is sleeping in the cat bed she somehow knows and has to come and share the love.  They are eating hard and canned food by the bucket.  They have many places they like to sleep which is a sign they are "big" babies now.
     On Sept 8 I had company who came to visit the babies.  All were well.  I held Aspen who was on the top of my chest, rolling, waving her legs in the air.  She ate twice and was an active, bright baby.  She was smaller than the rest but strong and playing.  The next morning as usual after I woke up I called the babies for a quick love session before I went to work.  Four babies came and as usual Aspen was last.  I called and called her but no Aspen.  I got out of bed saying "you are scaring me Aspen, don't do this to me".  I found her in the cat bed barely breathing.  She was on her last and I took her to the vet to be put down on my way to work.  I was shocked and we are not really sure why I lost her.  It was heartbreaking as I didn't see it coming.
     I got my new little baby after I got off work last Wed at 10 pm. Sept 25.  He was born on Sunday so was 3 days old.  His mom had him then had a lot of bleeding and health problems.  His sibling was born on Monday and died.  Mom again had a lot of bleeding due to a huge infection. As I was driving to get him I knew that sound sleep was going to be a thing of the past and I was going to have a lot of work ahead of me.  Zodiac weighed 102 g when I weighed him that night.  He is a happy boy and never meows.  I have been getting up every night for him.  He is a good eater and tonight weighed 172g which is amazing as it has only been 6 days since I got him.  He purrs for me when I pet him after he gets his bottle.  He is alone and needs to know he is loved and someone is there for him.  He is going to be one spoiled little boy.  The last 2 pictures were taken this morning when I saw how happy he was under the heat lamp.  He now moves around his cage a bit and is beginning to hold his head up well.  He still has his umbilical cord which has shrivelled a lot so will be falling off soon.  His eyes are getting formed so soon his eyes will be open and he will look like a bigger baby.  He is one sweet, gentle little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment