Monday, March 7, 2011

"J" baby update

I have changed their birthday to Mar 1 as they were bigger, moved around more and their eyes are beginning to have some definition.  It is as usual very interesting and lots of watching.  I look around my living room and see a pile of blankets, a roll of toilet paper (to make them pee and poop) and a scale.  Yes, babies are back in my house.  Jamieson is being a perfect kitten.  He his weight has been -2g, +12g, and + 10g.  You always want a weight gain of about 10g.  He has been pooping with little effort on my part.  Julia is doing fine though I wish her weight would increase a bit more rapidly:+4g, -2g, +8g.  She is pooping well and eating well.  It is Jelly Bean I am keeping an eye on.  She was a little quieter than usual yesterday and only wanted to suck a few sucks.  Later in the day she started having milk come out of her nose when she was drinking. This is a concern because you don't want milk in their lungs.  I would hold her at an angle and gently tap her back.  Her weight is holding:-2g, +2g and -2 g.  I try not to worry but worry is a big part of my job.  I went to check on her when I came home from work before I could do anything else so I would know exactly what was going on.  She seemed a little brighter and looking better.  I keep reminding myself that I had a kitten last summer that had milk come out his nose for a couple of days then was better and never did it again.  But..........I still worry.  I got up at 2:30 to feed them and was happy to see all were the same as when I went to bed.  So every day counts.

No comments:

Post a Comment